Friday, April 22, 2011

The Park at Bay Area

Yosemite National Park is probably the most famous national park in bay area. But I have never been there. Check out this blog my friend wrote. 


I recently visitedYosemite National Parkand I was so mesmerized by its beauty. Its giant granite walls, countless waterfalls and just all around beauty were something I had never seen before. Going into the park I was afraid of its natural wildlife, especially the Black Bear, but once I was walking through the amazing scenery, all my worries drifted away. 

I came back to the hustle and bustle of the city and I wanted to know more about this amazing park, so I went onto Netflix and found "National Geographic's Secret Yosemite".

    The documentary was a simple documentary explaining how the elements of nature wind, fire, earth , water all come together to restore the natural balance of the park and its iconic physique. Two interesting facts I actually learned  are that the massive granite structures like El Capitan are the results of cooled magma over thousands of years, and second the giant sequoias pump water 300 ft up to the top every day.

    Overall the documentary is very simple and doesn't offer a very detailed description of the park. But if you want to get a general idea of Yosemite I would recommend the documentary.


No comments:

Post a Comment